Heyy guys. It’s been a while since I‘ve done a movie review and honestly I wanted to wait to do the Fantastic Beast Review (which I’m still going to do btw), but I just felt like sharing my opinion on Nobody’s Fool first of all.
If you haven’t seen the trailer then you can watch it here;
From the trailer we see Danika (Tika Sumpter), a beautiful successful advertiser flourishing in her field. Everything seems fine till her crazy sister Tonya (Tiffany Haddish) gets out of jail and she’s forced to take care of her. Also we see that Danika has a boyfriend that she met online and has never met or seen before (sounds like a Nigerian boy to me 🤷🏽♀️). Eventually they found out he wasn’t real and Tonya convinces Danika that they need to teach the guy who catfished her a lesson.
Movie Review – Good or Bad?
Funny enough, I didn’t plan to watch this movie. But, when I got to the cinema it was the only movie I could see that wasn’t showing too late. Anyways long story short, I know you’re wondering, was the movie good or bad? Out of a 10 I rate the movie a 6.
Here’s what I liked about the movie
- First off, I liked the storyline. SPOILER ALERT 🚨: It turns out Danika’s ‘fake’ online boyfriend was real! And she was alread Falling for someone else. She eventually had to make a decision between the two guys and that ended up pretty bad.
- Secondly I like that the movie was genuinely funny. There were scenes where the whole cinema was bursting with laughter.
- I like that the movie made me feel a lot of different emotions. It wasn’t just all laughs, I was angry 😠, hurt and happy for the characters as the movie progressed. The acting was good.
- Ghost! Lol. I was excited to see Omari Hardwick a.k.a Ghost as one of the main characters. Even though I’m not a Power fan I appreciate a nice-looking bearded man when I see one.
Also you guys, is it just me or does this guy have sex scenes in all his movies/shows???
Here’s What I Didn’t Like About the Movie
- I don’t know who’s character was more annoying. Tonya or Danika. Tonya’s character was annoying because she was loud and very forward like MANY Tiffany Haddish roles. And Danika was just a bitch in summary.
- Can I just mention Tiffany one more time? 😭. I love her but, this was my face the entire movie when she was making sexual advances.
Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit. There were moments where she was funny but, she has definitely acted this character before and I’m just tired of seeing it.
- I did not like the ending. Danika did not deserve Ghost and what was Tiffany doing at her Danika’s ex’s wedding 😭. I’d like to explain but that would take a whole lot of paragraphs and y’all don’t have all that time. You’ll understand when you watch the movie.
I have to say I wasn’t expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. It’s not greeaatt, but it’s also not terrible. I would’ve been perfectly okay watching it on my laptop instead but, sometimes watching a movie with a bunch of strangers is just what you need to get your day going.
I watched this movie for 2k at Ozone Cinemas and it came with free popcorn and a drink 💃🏽.
Have you watched this movie? Let me know what you think. I hope this post was helpful. Once again thank you for reading 💛.
Follow my Social Media Pages
Youtube: Yinka The Aquarius